Contact a mortgage broker to help you find the best mortgage rate for your home or investment property. Unlike many other “directories” I have seen, our directory doesn’t just show one specific brokerage or group. We list mortgage brokers from multiple networks and affiliations.
Are you a mortgage broker? Don’t see your city? Send me your details and you can be added to our directory. Right now, we are only adding individual mortgage brokers, not by company.
Tips on Selecting a Mortgage Broker or Mortgage Agent
- Ask about their experience
- Ask if they work full time as a mortgage agent. Many agents have a licence, but, that’s about it! They may not actually do much or any business.
- Ask how they handle rate locks. And get it in writing.
- Ask for references. Now, personally, I’ve learned that references are not much use, because they’re only going to give you references from people that will give them a positive reference. However, if they can’t give you one, then that would be a red flag for me, unless they’re brand new.
- Interview several agents before making a decision.
- Check if they are currently licensed
We are slowly updating the directory to include more cities. We are currently only including individual brokers who have profile pictures.
We don't list brokers by company. We are listing brokers by city, and then the person. You can find the company the person is working for in their profile.
We currently have listings of brokers in major areas in Toronto and we’ll also add agents in major cities across Canada.
For Ontario, you can confirm if an agent is licensed by checking this Ontario regulatory website for mortgage brokers.
If you want to find out more about mortgage brokers and how to work with them, try reading our Mortgage Brokers Guide. Learn about why to use a mortgage broker, how to work with them, some caveats, general services they offer, and designations used in the industry. The more informed you are, the better chances you have of selecting the right agent.
Mortgage Crunch does not guarantee that all agents listed here are currently licensed. We only assimilated publicly available information. You should check with the appropriate provincial regulatory body to confirm an agent is currently licensed.